How to Use
Sending Money to Kenya
If you are based abroad, there are two options for sending money to Kenya.
Option 1: NationHela online transfer
This is the simplest and most convenient option that allows you to send money directly into a NationHela account or any bank account from your Debit card, Credit Card or Bank Account.
Sending Money to a NationHela Card Holder
- Step 1 - Your recipient buys a NationHela card from any Diamond Trust Bank or Nakumatt Supermarket and activates it through his/her mobile phone. They should also fill in the registration form provided in the pack and drop it off at any DTB Branch or NationHela agent. Anyone can get a NationHela card. They do not need to have an account with any bank.
- Step 2 – Once your recipient has registered their card, log on to www.nationhela.com , and click on the Send Money Here (to a NationHela card holder) button and follow the four simple steps. All you need to provide are your recipient’s full names and the telephone number they used to activate and register their NationHela card. You can send money from your debit card, credit card or bank account. If you send cash using your debit or credit card, the funds will be credited to your recipient’s account in less than an hour. Upon successful completion of your transfer you will receive a payment confirmation by email.
Sending Money to a Non-NationHela Card Holder
If you want to send more than the equivalent of US$500 or if your recipient does not yet have a NationHela card, you can now send money directly to the recipient’s bank account. Simply click on the Send Money Here (to a non-NationHela card holder) button and follow the four simple steps. Your recipient will receive their cash within 24 hours. Upon successful completion of your transfer you will receive a payment confirmation by email.
Option 2 – Over-the-counter money transfer
You can also send money over-the-counter at any Xpress Money or MoneyGram money transfer outlet. The recipient in Kenya can then simply choose to receive the money directly into their NationHela account by using the NationHela menu on their mobile phone.
How it Works
- The NationHela recipient will dial *348# and request funds to be transferred to their NationHela account.
- The recipient will then provide the Reference Number (for Xpress Money, provide your Xpin and for a Moneygram transfer, provide a reference number).
- The name of the recipient must match the name they’ve used to register their NationHela card.
- Upon receiving confirmation, funds will be deposited into the recipient’s NationHela account and you will receive an SMS confirmation.